Fishing licenses are available at Wal-Mart, Dick’s Sporting Goods and Gander Mountain. Visit www.ncwildlife.org for rules and regulations.
Fishing from Shore
- Lake Norman State Park 704-528-6350
- Marshall Fishing Area (Marshall Steam Station, Highway 150)
- Jetton Road County Park (Operated by Mecklenburg County) 704-896-9808
- Ramsey Creek Access Area (Leased to Mecklenburg County 704-892-7852
- McGuire Fishing Area (McGuire Nuclear Station, Highway 73)
- Blythe Landing County Park (Operated by Mecklenburg County) 704-896-9808
Beatty’s Ford, Unity Church Road, Denver
Lake Norman State Park, 159 Inland Sea Lane, Troutman 704-528-6350
Stumpy Creek, Perth Road, Mooresville
Beginning May 1, 2010, any person under the age of 26 must complete a NASBLA-approved boating education course before operating any vessel propelled by a motor of 10 HP or greater. Visit www.ncwildlife.org for rules and regulations.
Lake Norman Public Access Areas
Sorted from North to South
- Long Island Access Area | Long Island Road | Sherrills Ford, NC
- Lake Norman State Park | State Park Road | Troutman, NC
- Stumpy Creek Access Area | Off Perth Road | Mooresville, NC
- Pinnacle Access Area | NC 150 | Mooresville, NC
- Hager Creek Access Area | Kemp Road | Mooresville, NC
- Little Creek Access Area | Webbs Chapel Road | Denver, NC
- Beatties Ford Access Area | Unity Church Road | Denver, NC
- Ramsey Creek Access Area | Nanty Road | Cornelius, NC
- Blythe Landing County Park | NC 73 | Cornelius, NC
Please visit LakeNormanBoatersGuide.com for interactive lake access maps and more information on boating and enjoying Lake Norman.